There are reasons why you might want to take strong tea. You might find the taste of your tea being too faint for you to enjoy, or you might need more caffeine from your tea in the morning. Either way, you can use various tips, principles, and tricks to help your tea become much stronger.
Are you on the lookout for some of the excellent ways of making your tea stronger? Then this article will be best for you. This article aims to provide you with a much better understanding of how different factors influence the strength of your tea and how you can use them for better results.
Enhancing the taste of your tea is always the first priority for all tea enthusiasts out there. To achieve it effectively, we shall be discussing how to make tea stronger in today’s article.
List of Contents
How To Make Tea Stronger:
To prepare stronger and colorful tea, you should be careful in choosing tea, water and teapot. The temperature of the water and the duration of brewing also have a direct effect on the taste and aroma of tea. Here are some interesting tips for making tea.
Use good quality tea
Choose the right mug or cup
It may seem strange to you to emphasize the mug and the cup, but I believe that the right utensil is essential to make the perfect tea. If you like the cup, you’re going to like the flavor of the tea. I’m telling you the truth about that! Tea making experts say that even the color of the cup plays a role in the taste of the tea. If you want a tea with sweet notes, you’ll want a red or pink cup, while if you want a herb with salty notes, then choose a white or blue cup, as it’s best highlighted.
Use fresh cold water
New, cold water is a must for a really good tea. For the taste of the tea to be released in the best way, oxygen-rich water is needed. It is essential that the water does not boil, but that it only boils. Boiling down the water decreases the oxygen content of the water. According to ancient Chinese practice, heating should be stopped when the bubbles are as wide as the eyes of goldfish.
Use a clean teapot or kettle
You’re going to make sure your teapot doesn’t have salts as they change the flavor. After boiling the water, be sure to let it cool for a couple of minutes.
Any of you are going to say, “But I want my tea to steam” If you let the water cool down for a few minutes, you’re going to make really hot tea, but with better characteristics.
The rationale is never to pour boiling water into a tea bag or tea leaves. The boiling water burns the herb so that it does not release the best of its aromas. Aromatic plants are very sensitive plants and you must take care of them to experience all their beneficial properties. So if your water is left to cool for 2-3 minutes, then you’re ready to make your tea.
Strong black teas
Making a strong black tea is relatively easy a and the whole process involves precision and timing. When you achieve the two elements correctly, you will be able to enjoy a perfectly brewed strong black tea. To do that, you will need to follow these vital steps;
- Take clean, fresh water and pour it into a saucepan and add cubes of sugar in your water. Go ahead and cook it on medium heat for approximately two minutes as you stir occasionally.
- As the water boil, go ahead and add tea leaves and then continue stirring while still boiling on medium heat for approximately two minutes.
- Allow the water to infuse all the vital ingredients from your tea leaves in low flame and then cover the lid for approximately two minutes.
Strong oolong tea
There is no doubt that brewing strong herbal tea such as oolong tea is different from other teas available in the market, including black or green tea. As a result, understanding how to make herbal tea stronger is vital. Since herbal teas are not designed from traditional tea leaves, the process involved in how to make strong herbal tea tends to be unique.
Usually, oolong teas are made from the leaves of the camellia Sinensis plant. When it comes to brewing strong oolong tea, you might consider steeping it for an extended period since it won’t affect the flavor, and it will help make it stronger.
It would be best if you considered steeping the tea as long as you would like allowing it to reach the desired level of strength. Brew your oolong tea using hot boiling water. High-temperature aids in drawing out flavor from the tea, allowing you to make the most use of the content. The best part is that the herb will not become bitter; however, they will offer a stronger flavor.
Strong white tea
Usually, white tea is highly refined and tends to be very delicate, making it intimidating when it comes to brewing it. You should note that there is not one particular method used in brewing white tea. Therefore, you should consider these tips as a guide. To make a strong white tea, you might consider following these tips;
- When brewing white tea, ensure that for every six ounces of water, use two teaspoons of tea consisting of buds and two tablespoons for tea that consists of light as well as fluffy leaves.
- Take your water and heat it at 160 to 180 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow the water to boil before bringing it to rest for a few minutes.
- Pre-heat your teapot or a cup by pouring in a small amount of boiling water. Once it becomes warm enough, pour out the water.
- Measure your tea bud and then place it in your teapot or cup.
- Pour in over the water and then cover the cup or teapot.
- Let the tea steep for about one to five minutes.
- Once that is done, you can stop the infusion, and your tea will be ready.
Strong Green Tea
Most tea lovers tend to find teabags relatively too faint when it comes to making strong tea. However, this isn’t always the case; with the right procedure, you can always make a strong tea with green tea bags with the utmost ease. In this section, you will be able to learn how to make strong tea with tea bags.
Understanding how to make strong green tea is pretty much straightforward, and to achieve that, you should consider following these vital steps;
- First, commence with fresh and cold water. You should note that the better your water quality, the better the result.
- Take your green tea bag and place it in your favorite mug or cup.
- Once that is done, you will go ahead and bring water to a rolling boil and then pour it over the green tea bag.
- You should then steep for approximately three to five minutes. As a tea lover, you definitely understand that your tea’s great taste shouldn’t be rushed. Allow your green tea bag to take the full time to release all the flavor from the tea.
- Once that is done, you can go ahead and remove your green tea bag, relax, and enjoy your tea. You might consider serving it without milk, depending on your preference.
Strong ginger tea
Strong ginger tea has a significant amount of health benefits, which makes it an excellent beverage. Furthermore, making it is relatively easy and doesn’t involve any sophisticated steps. To make a strong ginger tea, you will need to;
- Take ginger root and then slice it directly in your mug.
- Add boiling water and let it steep for approximately five to ten minutes.
- To enhance taste, add honey to taste.
- Once that is done, your strong ginger tea will be ready to serve.
Tea is among the world’s most loved beverages. However, despite having several health benefits, consuming too much strong tea tend to have significant effects as well, including;
- Reduced iron absorption. Tea has a high concentration of tannins, which is a substance known to bind iron in certain foods. As a result, it leads to the unavailability of iron for absorption in the digestive tract.
- Increases stress, anxiety, and restlessness. Naturally, tea contains caffeine, and consuming string tea tends to contribute to the feeling of stress, anxiety, and restlessness.
- Poor sleep. High caffeine concentration in strong tea leads to disruption in the sleeping cycle of an individual.
- Nausea. Tea contains certain compounds responsible for causing nausea when taken in large quantities or on an empty stomach.
- Heartburn. A high caffeine concentration in strong tea is said to aggravate preexisting acidic reflux among patients with GERD and often cause heartburn.
Frequently asked questions
Do teabags contain plastic?
Yes, several teabags contain a relatively small amount of plastic, enabling them to be heated and sealed accordingly.
How long should strong tea be brewed?
In most cases, a strong tea should be brewed between five to ten minutes.
How much tea should one use to make strong tea?
This will highly depend on the type of tea you are using. However, it is recommended to use a bag of tea per cup for better results.
As a tea lover, understanding how to make the tea stronger is essential. By going through this article, you will be able to learn different ways of making your tea more substantial, including how to make strong tea with milk. As we conclude, we hope that you find this article beneficial.